The Orange is a citrus tree. Oranges originated in southeast Asia, India, Vietnam or Southern China. The fruit of Citrus sinensis is called a sweet orange. The English name derives from the Sanskrit naranga – s(“ Orange tree”).
The Persian orange, grown widely in Southern Europe after its introduction to Italy in the 11th century. It is bitter in taste.
Noval Orange is a twin orange has two fruits in one. This variety is seedless.
The Valencia or Murcia orange is one of the sweetest oranges used for juice extraction. This orange was chosen to be the official mascot of the 1982 FIFA World Cup, which was held in Spain. The Blood Orange has streaks of red in the fruit, and the juice is often a dark burgundy colour.
Benefits and uses of Orange
1. Citrus or Orange are believed to have medicinal porperties that are helpful in the fight against several diseases.
2. Oranges are eaten to allay fever and catarrh. The roasted pulp is prepared as a poultice for skin diseases.
3. Essential oils are volatile oils obtained from the citrus fruits peels sacks. They are used by the food industry to give flavor to drinks and foods. They are also a component for the pharmaceutical industry for the preperations of medicines and soaps, perfumes and other cosmetics, as well as for home cleaning products.
4. Orange juice is antiseptic, anti-bilious and hemostatic.
5. Orange make a mustard vinaigrette with syrup, mustard, vinegar and olive oil.
6. The strength and quality of the oils are outstanding and they create a noticeable and genuine difference to a treatment. As a practitioner dealing with sports injuries, stress management and muscular skeletal problems. The range of Peeled orange massage oils give excellent cover for a whole spectrum of client problems.
7. Orange juice and grapefruit juice are high in flavonoids, folate and vitamin C leading them to be potentially beneficial in reducing the risk of heart disease. Orange juice to promote decrease in cholesterol.
8. Fruits are eaten, may be made into juice and squash used to flow on Jam, Jellies and beverages.